About classes, chef and more
Kali mera from Greece.
I am Irini and I am professional chef with passion for organic gardening.
After graduating from Swiss culinary school with golden medal I worked in the best restaurants in Europe and Asia, always dreaming about my own cooking school with organic farm and many dogs.
I love people and sharing with them my knowledge and experience about Greece, quality produce and healthy lifestyle.
4 years ago I build the school of my dream
Food became my work, love, life and reason to wake up every morning. Equally love Greek, Indian, Lebanese, Italian and many other cuisines, managed to become good at some of them. I get bored eating same cuisine every day, therefore never really sure whether tomorrow for dinner we are going to have paella or lamb samosas with fruit chutney.
I am organic freak, growing many fruits and vegetables in my garden. I do care where my protein comes from, therefore only wild fish, grass fed beef, free rangechickens. I refuse to take part in industrialisation of animals. Its cruel to poor creatures and extremely unhealthy for us.
Few years ago I started to give culinary lessons and realised how much I love sharing my knowledge and experience.
And here we go, culinary school 8 Cooking Hats nearby Nafplio in Tolo, Greece. And organic small farm, of course. You don’t have to be professional to take lessons of your choice. As long as you know how to hold your knife, you are very welcome to come for a day or a week or few. All depends on you. We will cook, learn new things about food techniques, methods of cooking, use of herbs and spices and lots of interesting information about ingredients, theirs nutritional value and benefits. We will eat. We will have fun.
Life is too short to eat bad and tasteless food. If to make it short, food has to be delicious, good for your body and soul, aka healthy, and bring you joy. And healthy doesn’t mean boring, not at all. I am totally against magic capsules, fat-free products and anything,which was raped by modern technologies. I truly believe that with a little effort and time, devoted to cooking, you can create meals, which provide you with all necessary vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbs etc. And it has to be delicious.
There is no better way to understand the culture then through food.
And what can be more interesting then to prepare your own refined 6 course dinner from the best organic ingredients Greece has to offer.
Our hands on classes are much more then just reading recipes and observing the chef cooking. Our internationally awarded chef with long experience of working in best restaurants of Switzerland and other countries, will guide you step by step through the whole process of creating sublime meal.
All your questions will be answered, new tricks learned, origin of every ingredient explained.
Before the cooking starts you will have an opportunity to harvest vegetables from our organic garden and savor the true flavors of every product.
The lesson will take place in a state of the art specious kitchen with the best cooking equipment and appliances, magnificent view of the sea and islands, surrounded by orange and olive trees of our organic garden.
During the class we will prepare 6 courses dinner of 4 cold and warm starters, main course and desert.
The choice of dished to choose from is endless and each menu will be created specially FOR YOU taking into consideration your taste preferences, special food requirements and restrictions.
During the class and dinner accompanying wines of the best Greek producers will be served.
For more details contact us directly.
Minimum 2 participants for a class required .
Group cooking class and 6 course dinner – Traditional home Greek cuisine with some refinement.
Price: 110 EURO per person. Minimum 2 visitors per class.
- Upon arrival to our magnificent location you will be greeted with a glass of sparkling wine or freshly made lemonade and small appetizers to awake your appetite and curiosity what comes next.
- While enjoying your drinks our chef will brief you about the schedule and share some interesting information. Please shoot all your questions, I will happily answer them all.
- For the next 3-4 hours we will immerse into cooking with only organic ingredients, tasting, learning new techniques, discovering new flavors and having good time. You will make the dough from the scratch and bake your breads in a real wood oven, you will chop, cut, mix, boil. (or just relax and enjoy watching others making their hands dirty)
- During each class we will prepare 6 courses: 4 hot and cold appetizers, main course and dessert.
- The menu will be customized according your preferences well in advance. I will send you
- After class completion will gather the food and sit to enjoy our delicious dinner in a terrace, surrounded by olive and orange trees with mesmerizing view of the sea and islands.
And some general info:
-Some, but not all, of our offers include transfer from and to your hotel in Tolo or Nafplio.
Transfers from other towns could be easily arranged for you for extra charge.
- Some, but not all, include wine pairing with your dinner.
- All offers include VAT and all taxes.
Where: Nafplio, Tolo, Greece
Time: according to a customer’ wish. Duration of the lesson abt 4-5 Hrs plus meal afterwords with all the goodies we cooked together
Price: contact us directly via e-mail: email@example.com.
Every lesson consists of 5 or 6 dishes, depending on the level of difficulty and represents certain team.
We can arrange pick-up and drop-off your hotel in Nafpio or Tolo free of charge.
From all other cities transfer could be arranged for extra charge.
Geographical variety of cuisines:
- We can arrange pick-up and drop-off your hotel in Nafpio or Tolo
- Welcome glass of sparkling wine or freshly made fruit juice or home made ice tea
- Accompanying wines for dinner from the best Greek producers.
- A tour of the garden (upon request)
- A binder of recipes of the day
- Step by step instruction and information from the chef about cuisine, dishes and ingredients
- An afternoon of non stop cooking, food and fun
- Individual cooking station for every guest with all needed equipment of highest quality.
Not included, but available
- From all other cities transfer could be arranged for extra charge.
- Attendance of family members for lunch or dinner for extra-charge
How many places available? 10 pupils maximum per lessons, and you can double that for dinner.
What should I bring? Nothing! Just yourself and a big appetite, curiosity and desire to cook.